Station 62 is 100% volunteer, we were established in 1908 by the Albion Borough Council as the Albion Fire Department, in 1913 we became reformed and became known as the Albion Volunteer Fire Department.
In 1949 the fire department burnt to the ground, we lost all equipment and apparatus, between 1950 & 1951 a new fire station was constructed by local iron workers and community support.
Today Albion averages 490 emergency responses per year, in 2012 our station answered 563 emergency requests for assistance.
In 1985 the Albion area experienced a unclassified F-5 tornado destroying a large portion of the borough and township, to this day there are still empty properties were houses once stood.
From this tragedy our department has trained in the following disciplines: Emergency Medical Services ( EMS ), Fire Suppression, Vehicle Rescue, Special Vehicle & Heavy Truck Rescue, Confine Space Rescue, Trench Rescue, Structural Collapse, Haz-Mat Operations, and Wilderness Rescue.